Welcome to Uttoxeter Golf Club
Course Status Report – Telephone: 01889 566552 – option 6 – updated every morning
Pro Shop number for tee bookings – Tel: 01889 564884
LATEST CLUB UPDATE – MONDAY 25th MAY 2020
* VISITORS WELCOME *
All visitor golf MUST currently be pre booked, but no more than 4 days in advance, by either phoning the club pro, or on here through the club website. Members can book 14 days in advance.
COVID PLAYING RULES
- Maximum of 2 balls only at 10 minute tee intervals, you must not join up as 3 and 4 balls on the course.
- All golf MUST be pre booked, members can book 14 days in advance.
- Visitors are most welcome, but MUST be pre booked up to 4 days in advance, either by phoning the pro shop, or online through the club website (contactless payment please)
- Tees available 7.30am to 6.30 pm weekdays, 7am to 6pm weekends
- Clubhouse will remain closed – anyone needing to retrieve items from the locker must ask the Pro to do this for them.
- Visitor changing room will be open for use of the toilets only.
- Arrive at the club 10-15 minutes before tee time (to avoid social gathering).
- Change in the car park.
- All players to report to the Pro shop but only 1 person in the shop at any one time.
- Bunkers to be deemed as GUR for competitions, as all rakes removed
- Holes now have sponge inserts so no need to touch flagsticks.
- Hand santizers will be available on the 1st tee and 18th green for all players to use but you are recommended to bring your own if required.
- Go straight home after completing your round.
- Buggies and trollies available— ONLY 1 person per buggy unless form the same household, they will be sanitized after each outing.
- Although the course has been closed for almost 2 months, we have been working with reduced staff, so greens may be a little slower than you would expect at this time of year (through higher cutting heights), bunkers may be a little untidy and rough may be a little bit longer particularly in ‘out of play’ areas. But the course is otherwise in extremely good condition following the very harsh winter.
- Nets and putting green will remain open (no flags and the cups are inverted) but only for the next 2 ball to use. Members must hold back from visiting those areas until facilities are free.
- Practice chipping range and driving range—maximum 2 people at any one time whilst observing 2 metre social distance.
- Will remain shut, but the clubs Golfers Retreat Ltd catering team will sell sandwiches, bacon rolls, even takeaway meals etc., from 7.30 am through the kitchen window only—again subject to strict 2 metre social distancing. Menu on display on arrival, pre order if possible. Open to all members and visitors.
- Members are asked to use common sense in terms of proximity of neighbouring cars and to maintain 2 metre spacing.
Providing we all observe these conditions, then the greater the chance of lifting some/all of them in the short term.
ANYONE FOUND ABUSING ANY OF THE ABOVE WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE COURSE AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO DISCIPLINARY ACTION
Our course is nestled alongside Uttoxeter Racecourse and overlooks the River Dove with stunning views across the Weaver Hills. We offer all golfers a great experience on our challenging parkland course. A warm welcome awaits, whether as a visitor or potential member, we are a members club run by members for the benefit of members.